Owning Parrots

When I first got into parrots I lost the first bird I owned from lack of knowledge. So I set out to learn all I could before I got my next bird, which is what I should of done in the first place. One of our friends had a Moluccan Cockatoo she did not want anymore so she gave her to me. She was a lovable older bird and I enjoyed her for about six months before I found out why she gave her to me. She had been around other parrots all her life and was at the age where she was ready to breed.

I found a breeder who needed a hen in their breeding program and traded her for a male African Grey baby. He was six weeks old when I got him and needed to be hand fed every 4 to 6 hours. By now I had found local breeders that had been teaching me how to raise a baby bird. I sill have this bird 9 years later and he talks way too much.

My wife and I enjoyed the bird so much that we started breeding Cockatiels. One thing let to another and soon we had finches, macaws, conures and too many other varieties to mention. Birds are very addictive and owning just one is near impossible, so be careful if you get one.

Has anyone else had this problem? Leave comments and let me know about your pets.

Gene

Owning Parrots Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown